3 day Certified DCD Data Centre Design Training.
A training course focusing on the best practices for infrastructure design and layout of a data centre or computer room. We guide you through the design process as only a data centre designer can. Find out more…
2 day Certified DCOM Data Centre Operations Manager Training.
A training course focusing on the best practices for the Management and Operation of a data centre. You will learn what documentation, policies and procedures you should have in place to ensure the smooth running of your facility. Find out more…
There is an exam at the end of the 3 day DCD course and again at the end of the 2 day DCOM course. A DCE (Data Centre Expert) certificate is provided to individuals passing both courses. Certificates are also provided for the DCD and DCOM course to those individuals who only attend one of them.
DCE is a Level 5 European Qualification
Capitoline’s Training benefits at a glance.
- Level 5 European Qualification. Also recognised by BICSI and the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- All the relevant standards are discussed including TIA 942, The Uptime Institute, The new EN50600 European Data Centre Standard, EU code of Conduct, BICSI 002 and more
- Comprehensive information packed into 5 days. Don’t be fooled by courses with more days but where there is no additional information, just higher costs. (not just the fees but your employees time away from their work)
- Delegates will gain a comprehensive understanding of the critical issues affecting design
- Our DCOM Operations Management training is unique. You won’t find this material in other courses. It has been developed from auditing 100s of data centres and assisting customers on perfecting their operations management
- Interactive discussion is encouraged
- Examples and images from real data centres are used to illustrate points
- Practical exercises are used to improve understanding. Delegates will learn how to calculate the size of electrical equipment and cooling systems and how to lay out the data centre and more
- Capitoline’s directors wrote the first ever data centre training and have continually developed it to match best practice and the latest standards ever since
- Searchable electronic copy of the training materials to use for future reference
- Each course is certified and delegates passing the exam are given a logo to use to demonstrate their achievement
- Capitoline Instructors are Data Centre Consultants actively involved in data centre auditing, design and operational management projects. We know our stuff – see our CVs in the attached Capitoline Overview
- Our instructors have BSc (Hons) Engineering degrees, they are Chartered Engineers (CEng), Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designers, BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD), BICSI Data Centre Design Consultants (DCDC), BICSI Registered telecommunications Project Managers (RTPM) and MBA (Masters of Business Administration). Each one of them also has over 30 years’ of experience in IT and Engineering. Compare that to our competitors and you are unlikely to find anything near to it.
- Questions are encouraged to promote understanding and because the instructors wrote the course and are actively involved in data centre projects they will have the answers
- Above all our instructors are excellent trainers. See some of the comments in the Capitoline Overview. There are many more where they came from
Meet your Instructors
Matt and Barry are the founding partners of Capitoline, each with over 30 years’ experience in the IT industry. They are both Chartered Engineers (CEng) with BSc(Hons) Engineering degrees, Uptime Institute Accredited Designers (ATD), Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Since 2005 Matt and Barry have been exclusively involved in helping customers improve data centre designs and operational management systems. When they are not training they are actively involved in real data centre design and operations management projects. Capitoline is the only Data Centre training provider which offers you the benefit of this experience.
Probably the only Data Centre Design course given by real practising Data Centre consultants
Barry wrote the first data centre training course anywhere in the world and both Matt and Barry have continually adapted this training to reflect best practices and new technologies and standards as they develop. Capitoline’s training has now been presented to thousands of individuals in many companies across the world. As a consequence the courses are recognised internationally by BICSI and the Chartered Institute of Buildings Services Engineers (CIBSE) under their continuing accreditation programs. The courses have also been recognised as a European Level 5 Qualification.