During our unique data centre surgery you will…
- Your whole team (usually 4-10 individuals) will learn best practice design of a Data Centre and/or operational policies and procedures
- You will audit your own data centre facility and operational processes with a Capitoline expert
- You will analyse the results of the audit and compare them to best practice
- You will identify the shortfalls in your data centre and plan improvements
From Capitoline’s international practical experience gained by auditing and designing small and large computer rooms and data centres both in the private and public sector comes this unique data centre surgery. It combines on site training with an audit of your computer room or data centre to determine how it matches up to best practices design and operational procedures and to identify short and long term improvements. The aim is to improve efficiency, reliability and security.
The surgery can be customised to your requirements.
As an example our 5 day infrastructure surgery comprises 3 days of training to create a good understanding of the essential principles of good data centre design followed by a day auditing your facility. The final day is then spent using the information from the audit to determine the suitability of the layout, power, cooling systems and cabling infrastructure and to plan improvements which could be made in the short and long term to improve the efficiency and resilience of the facility. Following completion of the workshop you will also receive a full audit report from our consultant.
Alternatively you may want to focus on the data centre operational policies and procedures.Tell us what you would like your surgery to cover
- Capitoline Instructors are Data Centre Consultants actively involved in data centre auditing, design and operational management projects. We know our stuff – see our CVs in the attached Capitoline Overview
- Our instructors have BSc (Hons) Engineering degrees, they are Chartered Engineers (CEng), Uptime Institute Accredited Tier Designers, BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD), BICSI Data Centre Design Consultants (DCDC), BICSI Registered telecommunications Project Managers (RTPM) and MBA (Masters of Business Administration). Each one of them also has over 30 years of experience in IT and Engineering. Compare that to our competitors and you are unlikely to find anything near to it.
- Questions are encouraged to promote understanding and because the instructors wrote the course and are actively involved in data centre projects they will have the answers
- Above all our instructors are excellent trainers. See some of the comments in the Capitoline Overview. There are many more where they came from
Meet your Instructors
Matt and Barry are the founding partners of Capitoline, each with over 30 years’ experience in the IT industry. They are both Chartered Engineers (CEng) with Engineering degrees (BSc(Hons)), Uptime Institute Accredited Designers (ATD), Registered Communications Distribution Designers (RCDD) and Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
Since 2005 Matt and Barry have been exclusively involved in helping customers improve data centre designs and operational management systems. When they are not training they are actively involved in real data centre design and operations management projects. Capitoline is the only Data Centre training provider which offers you the benefit of this experience.
Probably the only Data Centre Design course given by real practising Data Centre consultants
Barry wrote the first data centre training course anywhere in the world and both Matt and Barry have continually adapted this training to reflect best practices and new technologies and standards as they develop. Capitoline’s training has now been presented to thousands of individuals in many companies across the world. As a consequence the courses are recognised internationally by BICSI and the Chartered Institute of Buildings Services Engineers (CIBSE) under their continuing accreditation programs. The courses have also been recognised as a European Level 5 Qualification.