2 day Certified DCOM Data Centre Operations Manager training.
A training course focusing on the best practices for the Management and Operation of a data centre. Learn all you need to know about the NEW EN50600-3-1 European Data Centre Management Standard. You will learn exactly what documentation, policies and procedures you should have in place to ensure the smooth running of your facility. Each delegate takes away a comprehensive searchable electronic reference manual.
Based on real project experience
Learn from the mistakes of others. Based on our practical experience derived from auditing 100s of data centres across the world.
This was the first ever data centre operations course. It is still unique in the industry. This course will teach you how to manage your data centre. Others have similar titles but are lacking in content
What will you learn?
This comprehensive course will show you how to manage your data centre to improve reliability and security and maximise energy efficiency.
You will learn exactly what documentation, policies and procedures you should have in place to ensure the smooth running of your facility.
Many of the most common and catastrophic data centre failures are caused by the lack of simple procedures?
Simply the best learning experience
The course is packed with practical exercises to help you in understanding energy efficiency, capacity management and many other topics. If you want someone to just read the slides to you then try one of our competitors. If you want a real learning experience come to us.
Our classes are interactive which means you can learn not only from the instructor’s practical experience and real project examples but also from the experience of fellow delegates.
The course is kept continuously up to date and explains in detail the relevance of US, UK, European and International standards and how to apply them. Our instructors are actively involved in the committees developing European data centre standards.
Simply excellent, this is a mandatory course for all people that work in a DC, Luigi Paulon, AG Insurance
A very useful course and I will recommend it for all my co-workers in the bank, Mohammed Obaidat, Riyad Bank, KSA
- Introduction to Data Centre Operational Management
- Issues affecting Reliability- Why data centres fail?
- Measuring and Improving Efficiency
- Documentation, Policies and Procedures
- Security Management
- Operations Management
- Testing and Maintenance
- Monitoring, BMS and DCIM
- Health and Safety
- Incident Management, Business Continuity and Disaster recovery
- Capacity Management
- Change Management
- Supplier Management
- How long until my room overheats if all or part of the cooling fails?
- How to calculate DCiE, PUE and UPS efficiency!
- What’s wrong here? We look at some real examples of problems and how to avoid them
- Is this 3 phase load balanced? If not how do we balance it?
- Quizzes and a final exam to confirm learning and progress
Who should attend?
- IT managers and directors
- Data centre managers and directors
- Facilities managers
- All delegates attending the course and passing the exam are awarded a DCOM certificate
- All DCOM certified individuals are provided with the DCOM – Data Centre Operations Management logo in recognition of their achievement
- All delegates who attend both DCD and DCOM and pass the exams are awarded a Data Centre Expert (DCE) certificate and logo