3 day Certified DCD Data Centre Design Training.
A training course focusing on the best practices for infrastructure design and layout of a data centre or computer room. We guide you through the design process as only a data centre designer can. Each delegate takes away a comprehensive searchable electronic reference manual.
Based on real project experience
Using the practical experience derived by Capitoline from designing and auditing computer rooms and data centres this 3-day course focuses on the best practices in the specification, sizing and design of data centres.
This was the first ever data centre design course. Many have followed in Capitoline’s footsteps but none have been better
What will you learn?
This comprehensive course covers everything from defining the best rack layout for your computer room to understanding the size of the UPS and generator required to provide back-up power.
You will learn how cooling systems work, which cooling system is best for your facility and what capacity it needs to be.
We guide you through the design process as only a data centre designer can. Data centre design and auditing is what our instructors do when they are not training. If you have a question they will have the answer.
Simply the best learning experience
The course is packed with practical exercises to guide you through the steps of data centre design. If you want someone to just read the slides to you then try one of our competitors. If you want a real learning experience come to us.
Our classes are interactive which means you can learn not only from the instructor’s practical experience and real project examples but also from the experience of fellow delegates.
The course is kept continuously up to date and explains in detail the relevance of US, UK, European and International standards and how to apply them. Our instructors are actively involved in the committees developing European data centre standards.
Matt has delivered a fantastic training course on Data Centre Design in Entebbe, Uganda. Very professional with answers on every question asked, wonderful presentation skills, fulfilled completely my expectations, Armend Aliaga, United Nations
- Introduction, including understanding Tier definitions and associated costs. TIA 942, EN50600, BICSI 002, ASHRAE, The Uptime Institute and other Standards
- Designing for Energy efficiency (DCiE and PUE)
- Sizing and defining the right data centre space and layouts
- Specifying raised access floors
- Optimising room layouts including hot aisle/cold aisle formats
- Sizing and designing a resilient power supply system including UPS and generator selection. N, N+1 and 2N models
- IT grade earthing, grounding and bonding
- Sizing and designing air conditioning plus modern low energy options
- Fire detection and suppression techniques appropriate to data centres
- Building Management and Physical Security requirements
- Data cable selection, copper and fibre, and ideal interconnect models
- How to pick the best location for your data centre?
- What is the best way to layout the different data centre spaces in the building?
- How do we lay out the racks in the computer room to maximise energy efficiency and space ?
- Calculate cooling requirement of a typical computer room and plan your cooling redundancy model
- Calculate power requirements of a typical computer, size UPS and generators and plan your redundancy model
- Calculate number of racks and power requirements from a list of IT equipment
- Quizzes and a final exam to confirm learning and progress
Who should attend?
- IT managers and directors
- Data centre managers and directors
- Facilities managers
- Engineers and consultants involved in data centre specifications
- All delegates attending the course and passing the exam are awarded a DCD certificate
- All DCD certified individuals are provided with the DCD – Data Centre Designer logo in recognition of their achievement
- All delegates who attend both DCD and DCOM and pass the exams are awarded a Data Centre Expert (DCE) certificate and logo